Hello Everyone,

I'm quite new to SA and RulesDuJour however, I'm assuming I have it all
set up properly except for the Rules update.

I have set RulesDuJour to update through cron but I keep on getting
these error messages:

The following rules had errors:
TripWire had an unknown error:
curl exit code: 7
curl: Remote file name has no length!
curl: try 'curl --help' or 'curl --manual' for more information
curl: (3) <url> malformed
curl: (7) couldn't connect to host
000000

I have to connect through a proxy server to get to the internet but I'm
not sure how to set the proxy for curl. I tried to change the line
in /var/lib/spamassassin/rules_du_jour
To this:
 [ "${CURL_OPTS}" ] || CURL_OPTS="-w %{http_code} --compressed -O -R -s
-S -z -x proxy.nour.net.sa:8080";

as I understood from man curl that -x is the parameter to use for a
proxy server!

The only relevant thread I found so far is this:
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.mail.spam.spamassassin.general/76192
but I have the outbound port 80 open and it is confirmed as when I
invoke the script manually (not through cron) it works perfectly (at
least that is what I see :) )

Versions:
curl --version
curl 7.15.1 (i386-pc-linux-gnu) libcurl/7.15.1 OpenSSL/0.9.7e zlib/1.2.3
Protocols: tftp ftp gopher telnet dict http file https ftps
Features: Largefile NTLM SSL libz

spamc -V
SpamAssassin Client version 3.1.0
  compiled with SSL support (OpenSSL 0.9.7e 25 Oct 2004)

OS:
Linux kansai 2.6.14-gentoo-r5 #2 SMP PREEMPT Sun Dec 18 08:49:10 ?? 2005
i686 Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.00GHz GenuineIntel GNU/Linux

Your kind feedback will be very much appreciated. Thanks :)

Sincerely,
Yousef Raffah
Senior Systems Administrator
SSIS - The Savola Group