From: "Gene Heskett" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Procmail calls SpamAssasin and feeds the return off to the spool file.

Ok, sub getmail for both fetchmail and procmail, since getmail can handle the SA pipeing you are doing with procmail. Then run dovecot on that box to serve kmail on this box? I have the kmail fetching turned off on that box, so I'd assume I can give getmail a trial run and see if what it fetches it shows up in kmail on that firewall box as a new mail, if that works, then setup dovecot as a pop3 server to serve the kmail requests from this box. Have I got it right? All running as the user gene I'd assume?

Only if getmail combines fetchmail and procmail including procmail's
ability to write rules for redirecting mail or applying filtering to it.

Kmail would simply read from the imap port you create. It's still write
to your ISP's mail server.

{^_^}