Cian Davis wrote:
Rick Macdougall wrote:
I tried this and it didn't work. I edited /etc/default/spamassassin and
changed the options to OPTIONS="--create-prefs --max-children 5
--helper-home-dir --virtual-config-dir=/config/%l/.spamassassin -x"

The result was SA creating a directory /config/.spamassassin owned by root.

The line in/var/log/mail.log is Feb 17 09:27:11 hex spamd[15467]: Using
default config for davisc: /config//.spamassassin/user_prefs

I assume that even if this did work, the process can't run as the
user.Correct? And if so, then the bayes token cannot be updated. Or new
configs are created owned by root.

Hi,

Try without the --helper-home-dir

I used to use this method before I moved everything into MySQL and it did work for me.

Regards,

Rick