Theo Van Dinter wrote:
On Thu, Mar 16, 2006 at 01:19:59PM +1100, Carl Brewer wrote:
Previously, the milter could assume that folding was going to happen via
"\n\t", but now it's "\r\n\t".
Does this mean that a change is needed in spamass-milter or
spamassassin?  It seems odd that this started with 3.1.1 but
didn't occur under 3.0.

Ie: do I look at patching spamass-milter or will the spamassassin
community fix it at their end?

The problem is caused by a specific feature that was added into
SpamAssassin in 3.1.1 -- namely that we'll use the same line endings that the
original message uses (LF vs CRLF).  spamass-milter relied on the previous
behavior (always use LF), which happened to work well with what libmilter
expected.

So in this case, I would expect the spamass-milter code to be modified
to take into account that line endings could either be CRLF (3.1.1 and
beyond) or LF (3.1.0 and previous).

Ok, I'll have a poke through spamass-milter and see if I can patch it

thankyou

Carl