Jim Maul wrote:
> I believe i am having an issue with my trusted networks and am hoping
> someone can help me figure out what to do.  I currently do not have
> any defined and am running a nat'ed server which from what i read will
> pretty much always have problems with trusted networks.  The thing is,
> im not entirely sure what hosts i should trust.
>
> My setup is as follows:
>
> 69.27.243.222 (firewall) -> 192.168.128.4 (IP of mail server)
>
> Now we have remote offices that are on cable modems that trigger:

>       HTML_MESSAGE,RCVD_IN_NJABL_DUL,RCVD_IN_SORBS_DUL autolearn=no
>       version=2.64
>
> when they try to send us mail.  They ARE using the ISP's mail server
> and not connecting directly to ours so i would think that:
>
>   1.5 RCVD_IN_SORBS_DUL      RBL: SORBS: sent directly from dynamic IP
> address
>                              [24.190.87.205 listed in dnsbl.sorbs.net]
>   1.7 RCVD_IN_NJABL_DUL      RBL: NJABL: dialup sender did non-local
>                              SMTP [24.190.87.205 listed in
> combined.njabl.org]
>
> shouldn't be hitting.  24.whatever is the IP of the cable modem at the
> remote site.
>
> My question is, with this setup, what trusted_networks should i have
> defined?

You should define all of the IP addresses of your mailserver.

trusted_networks 192.168.128.4
trusted_networks 69.27.243.222

I see that 167.206.112.76 (mx1.lightpath.net) also accepts mail for your
domain.  If that mail comes through this server, you should add it as
well (along with its private address, if you see it in the headers).

--
Bowie