I just saw that a normal Ebay outbid notice hit two high-score rules. One
is from sare-spoof and I already contacted the maintainer. But one is in
the default 3.1.1 ruleset and I think this rule should get completely
removed or get a score of 0. It's

1.72 SUBJECT_ENCODED_TWICE Subject: MIME encoded twice

>From grepping the rules it does what it says: it checks if there are two
B/Q encoding identifiers in the subject. Why is this scoring with 1.72 or
at all? This is absolutely valid Q/B encoding and actually *required* by
RFC if your subject line is longer than 80 (or was it 72?) characters
(minus the encoding, so it's actually more like a 60 raw character limit).
This rule will hit on *lots* of non-ASCII mail and on almost all mail
coming from Ebay Germany.

There are also the rules SUBJECT_EXCESS_QP and SUBJECT_EXCESS_BASE64 which
are "similar". QP scores 0 and BASE64 scores 0.449. This is much more
reasonable.

Kai

--
Kai Schätzl, Berlin, Germany