Philip Prindeville wrote:
> I was looking on the FAQ and the Wiki, but couldn't find this...
>
> How do I filter based on the recipient mailbox address?  For instance, I'm
> running Linux, so if I get email sent to [EMAIL PROTECTED] or [EMAIL
> PROTECTED]
> then I know they're bogus...
>
> And can probably block it, even if some of the recipients are valid email
> addresses.

First, as everyone pointed out, you should reject the ones sent to the
bogus accounts at the MTA layer.

However, that doesn't deal with the "even if some of the recipients are
valid" case.

If you have a message that is "carpet bombed" and addressed To: many
users, you can use SA's blacklist_to feature.

But if the message is BCCed to many users at your site, there's nothing
that SA can do. SA doesn't (generally) know the difference between a
single-recipient message and one that's BCCed to many users. It has no
access to the message envelope, only the headers and body, so this
information isn't accessible to SA.