On Mittwoch, 26. April 2006 22:51 Matt Kettler wrote:
> That said, you pretty much have to do this for your outbound
> mailservers because several LARGE ISPs will not accept mail from
> hosts with no RDNS. This includes AOL and Comcast off the top of my
> head. If you want to be able to email users at those sites, you need
> RDNS.

Just today there was somebody on the postfix list saying he had to turn
off that checks because Intel uses some boxes without PTR records. So
it depends on your specific situation if you can turn on or off that
check.

I use those checks, and if some bloody admins don't have PTR for their
servers, it's their problem. YMMV, and if your boss pisses on your
shoes, you probably will turn off this check.

That said: Do as you prefer, but keep in mind it's not 100% safe.

mfg zmi
// Tel: 0660/4156531                          .network.your.ideas.
// PGP Key:   "lynx -source http://zmi.at/zmi3.asc | gpg --import"
// Fingerprint: 44A3 C1EC B71E C71A B4C2  9AA6 C818 847C 55CB A4EE
// Keyserver: www.keyserver.net                 Key-ID: 0x55CBA4EE