> Yeah ... the university got a fairly good deal on our per-user costs
> for Sophos.  I doubt I'd buy it for personal use, either.

They don't have a consumer product. They sell exclusively to the
business/government/education sectors.

We use sophos on the desktop and on the mail server, called from exim via
exiscan (now integrated into the official exim distribution, I believe)
and sophie. No complaints here.

If you're only looking for a scanner on the mail server, then Sophos
probably isn't for you, but if you're looking for an overall a/v solution
for your organization, it's a great product, IMHO.