On Tue, 2006-05-02 at 10:18 -0400, Matt Kettler wrote:
> Ramprasad wrote:
> > Hi,
> >   I am using SA 3.1.1 as a module in  MailScanner.
> > I am not able to get whitelist_from_spf  working.
> >
> > In my local.cf I have
> >
> > ifplugin Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::SPF
> >   whitelist_from_spf [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> > endif
> >
> > A mail from a SPF allowed IP is scored SPF_HELO_PASS ( evidently spf
> > checks are working ), but no USER_IN_SPF_WHITELIST
> >
> > why, do I have to do anything else ??
> >

> Follow-up:
>
> Looking at your SPF records, you don't have 127.0.0.1 listed. Any mail
> generated locally on darkstar.netcore.co.in will NOT pass SPF because
> the actual IP address is 127.0.0.1, which isn't listed. SA. However, the
> HELO string is (darkstar.netcore.co.in). That presumably resolves to one
> of the listed IP addresses, which causes the SPF_HELO_PASS (I can't
> resolve darkstar right now so so I cannot verify this)
>
> Add 127.0.0.1, and any other local IPs, to your SPF record and you
> should be good to go.
>
> Personally, I do this at my work, but we use split-dns. The external
> view doesn't see 127.0.0.1, or any internal IP addresses, but the
> internal one (used by SA) does.

darkstar.netcore is just my desktop.
So any mailserver who sees this ip from outside just gets the mail from
my gateway-ip ( ip masquaraded ) , and that one is  listed in SPF
records.

This is a problem of setting the enevlope-from header for postfix.
Because the server that runs SA uses postfix. How do I do that ?

Thanks
Ram