Steve Thomas wrote:
While this is quite an interesting topic, I have to ask why it's on the
spamassassin list. Message stores aren't spamassassin specific and this is
already a pretty high-volume list. Does this discussion really belong
here?

St-

The reason I posted it here as well as in Dovecot and Exim lists is because I think the real benefit comes when SA is also integrated into the system. With a DB in place SA could do things like delete email that's already been delivered. That way something that was thought to not be spam but later determined to be spam can be deleted retroactively. And - I think with the ability to tie into the DB that new spam detection tricks can be used to identify spam based on what the user already has.

Picture the MTA, SA, and the IMAP server all integrated into a single database. The purpose of starting this thread is to inspire thought. Then maybe down the line this will happen.