Jim C. Nasby wrote:
> Having said all that; it's nearly impossible to get a general-purpose RDBMS
> to outperform an optimized storage format
Indeed. I refer back to the wondrous success Microsoft Exchange has had.

It *isn't* SQL. It's a hand-crafted, JET-backend specifically written to
be optimized for email handling. Even Microsoft (so far) hasn't managed
to get their own MS-SQL product to be usable as a backend. Believe me,
they'd like nothing better from a marketing perspective...

...However, I do believe they are still working towards such an end.

--
Cheers

Jason Haar
Phone: +64 3 9635 377 Fax: +64 3 9635 417