From: "Theo Van Dinter" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
On Tue, Jun 27, 2006 at 08:42:41AM +0200, Alberto Iovino wrote:
When I make start spamd with
perl -T /usr/local/bin/spamd --syslog-socket=inet -d

the process start correctly but if I do the same with spamc
perl -T /usr/local/bin/spamc --syslog-socket=inet -d

I get the following error

Unrecognized character \x7F at /usr/local/bin/spamc line 1

Is there another valid option? Should I modify the Makefile.PL? How can I do to make run this process?

You should just run it.  spamc is a compiled C program, and has nothing
to do with perl.

You NEVER run spamc as a daemon, either. The -d option on spamc is
followed by a host name. And spamc does not support a --syslog-socket
option that I know of.

The spamd tool runs as a daemon. The spamc tool runs as a filter
that accepts input from stdin and sends it out stdout. You run it
like any other utility program.

spamc <mail_file_to_test would test the file "mail_file_to_test" in
your current directory and feed the results to the console so you can
see what it is doing.

{^_^}