Thanks for the response.

Take it slow with me, spamassassin has been running so well for so long that I haven't had to fiddle with it in ages and I don't remember the details. Do I add these rules to my user_prefs? Or to my /etc/mail/local.cf files?

----- Original Message ----- From: "Steven Stern" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Spamass" <users@spamassassin.apache.org>
Sent: Wednesday, July 12, 2006 9:13 AM
Subject: Re: Image only spam

Jack Gostl wrote:
I'm running SpamAssassin version 3.0.3   running on Perl version 5.8.2
under AIX 5.3. Starting a few months ago, I have been absolutely
inundated with "image only spam".  I've gone from catching 99% of the
spam with almost no false positives to less than 85%. I asked about this
awhile ago, and tried to upgrade to SpamAssassin version 3.1.1   running
on Perl version 5.8.0, and didn't see much improvement, so I left the
prod machine alone.

I'm sure I'm not the only one with this problem. Has anyone had any
success with it?

Thanks...

Jack

Are you using the SARE_STOCK rules from RulesDuJour at
rulesemporium.com?  We catch more than 99% of the image only stuff with
the standard RBLs and 70_sare_stock.cf.

In case  you ask, these are the SARE rules we're using:

TRUSTED_RULESETS="SARE_GENLSUBJ0 SARE_OBFU SARE_REDIRECT_POST300
SARE_ADULT SARE_HEADER0 SARE_CODING SARE_SPECIFIC SARE_SPOOF SARE_FRAUD
SARE_WHITELIST_SPF SARE_WHITELIST_RCVD SARE_URI0 SARE_OEM SARE_STOCKS";

--

 Steve