On Sun, 16 Jul 2006, John Andersen wrote:

On Sunday 16 July 2006 06:35 am, Shane Williams wrote:
I never realized SpamAssassin was started back in 1994.  What version
number was that?  I'd say it was definitely ahead of its time, since I
almost never got email spam until around 1996-1997

The comment was off-hand and not researched.

That was kind of my point.

One of my earliest
ISPs recommended Spamassassin when it was just a bunch of scripts
written by some woman who's name escapes me.  Since I haven't
been with that ISP since the Pleistocene I just inserted 10 years
as an approximation.

And since you're also confusing SA with SpamBouncer, the reasonable
conclusion here is that you have no idea what you're talking about.

http://pgp.mit.edu/                |      System Admin - UT iSchool
All syllogisms contain three lines |              [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Therefore this is not a syllogism  | www.ischool.utexas.edu/~shanew