On Wed, 2 Aug 2006 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Maybe I'm not getting the obvious, but what about using something like
> Perl::Magick to convert a given image into B/W? I mean, ImageMagick is
> made for things like that...
> Shrinking it to, say, a quarter of it's original size would take care of
> at least many random noise pixels.

(1) image processing is expensive compared to a straight checksum.

(2) everybody doing the test has to do it exactly the same way, or
there is no hope of getting a shared checksum that will match other
peoples' traffic.

(3) is the same image guaranteed to shrink the same way every time?

--
 John Hardin KA7OHZ    ICQ#15735746    http://www.impsec.org/~jhardin/
 [EMAIL PROTECTED]    FALaholic #11174    pgpk -a [EMAIL PROTECTED]