How about treating this as a network issue instead of a mail issue? There's
quite a body of work already available, including the idea (packet
authentication) being investigated by the team at the link below.

http://www.ece.cmu.edu/~adrian/projects/tesla-cryptobytes/paper/node1.html

Just trying to help ...

Sincerest regards,

James Butler