Logan Shaw wrote:
> For what it's worth, I thought all spams of that form were
> prescription drug spams, but recently I got one like this as well:
>
> [snip: rolex, tiffany, etc...]

Come to think of it, I've seen one or two of these ones, too, and
totally forgot.  Guess I'll be making rules for these as well...

> However, there is one obvious way to do it.  Like this:
> Since the first and last characters of all four branches are
> always the same, you can optimize it a tiny bit by factoring
> out the common parts of the branches:
>
>       /A(?:.DVI|D.VI|DV.I|DVI.)L/

Ok.  This is looking a little better, then... I've taken your
suggestion, and added the possibilities of repeated characters and
substitutions for "I" into it..

        /A(?:.A?DV[Iilj]|D.D?V[Iilj]|DV.V?[Iilj]|DV[Iilj].[Iilj]?)L/

The little bit of testing I threw at it looks good so far.  I'll try it
with the actual prescription drug names, do a bit of testing, and share
my results.  More suggestions for improving the regex are still welcome,
of course :)