On Mon, 7 Aug 2006, James Lay wrote:

> Anyone happen to know the memory requirements of SpamAssassin?  I have
> 3.0.4 running on 128 Megs ok....will upgrading to 3.1.4 plus the SARE
> rules tank it?  Or am I safe?  Thanks all!

I'm running 3.1.3 with a bunch of SARE and local rules on my hosted
server, which only has 96MB of RAM and 196MB of swap. It's also
running BIND serving as authoritative for a few domains, and apache
serving static content, but no databases or other fancy stuff.

I have it configured to only spawn one child and run all scans
sequentially, as I don't really care if it takes a couple of minutes
to score a message.

It works reliably, though there's little margin for adding much else.
If there was any less memory I would not be able to run SA.

How much swap do you have? And what else is running on the server?

--
 John Hardin KA7OHZ    ICQ#15735746    http://www.impsec.org/~jhardin/
 [EMAIL PROTECTED]    FALaholic #11174    pgpk -a [EMAIL PROTECTED]