> I've been blocking a lot of spam at connect time that I am 100% sure is
> spam. However I'm wondering if that is the best idea because it gives
> spammers feedback as to what works and what doesn't. If I silently
> absorb the spam and let the spammers think it's delivered then they have
> no way to know if the spam is getting through or not.
>
> Thoughts?

I don't know whether these zombies record success/failure from SMTP
sessions, and/or report this to a 'central database'..
Nevertheless I switched during the last two years from REJECT-ing to
DISCARD-ing in my postfix rules. At least in the rules I'm 100% sure
about.
Indeed I too don't want to give the spammers feedback.

Regards
Menno van Bennekom