You are failing to understand my point.

To me any message that has a .exe attachment is spam. That's just how I work because I'm on a Mac therefore I'd like to use check_microsoft_executable who's job it is to bump up the score if there's an executable attachment. The problem right now is that

1. this check is handled by the antivirus plugin. it probably shouldn't be as bumping the score because there's an attachment has nothing do to with anti-virus checking.

2. the check isn't thorough enough because it doesn't consider
other content-types whereby people hide executable attachments.

Therefore. I don't care whether SA is an anti-virus tool or not it's completely irrelevant to me.