Theo Van Dinter wrote:

On Mon, Aug 21, 2006 at 05:46:19PM +0200, Andreas Pettersson wrote:
I keep seeing suggestions to use sa-update quite often on this list, but I thought it was no use doing so between releases according to this page:
http://wiki.apache.org/spamassassin/VirusScannerTypeUpdates
with these exact words in the end:

"Daily and/or weekly updates aren't practical, because it takes weeks to evolve a scoreset for a release."

So, how often are there new rules available via sa-update?

 Generally speaking, updates could occur ever 15m w/ the current config, but
 realistically it may be once a week or so.  If setting up a cronjob to do
 updates, I'd probably go daily for now.

Thank you very much. Now I have a better idea of what to expect from sa-update.

Regards,
Andreas