OK, but isn't spamd the "settings" file for spamassassin?
How does spamassassin know how to work if spamd is not used when amavis is
doing the routing?

And if spamassissin is still the "anti-spammer" where do I tell it that it's
not doing
it's job properly?

Thanks by the way for all the feedback so far. It's really encouraging to
see people engaged
and trying to help....

Mike