Loren Wilton wrote:
It was mentioned that several people are getting hammered by world-wide robot attacks. I see from the little spam I get that there is a new spam sending tool for robots that is running a stock spam. I suspect the traffic is a combination of distributing the new spam tool and sending out the new spam.

With all this traffic from robots, lots of people here must be getting quite a lot of information in their logs about connections from robots. I wonder if there would be value in a central database that attempts to enumerater the robots?

why central? a distributed db is more effective. yes, we'd need a way to give trust points to different people, but I find it safer than trusting a few secret self-designed group, be that a "good" group. and it can be more dynamic (and it can implement a "natural behaviour" of people).