From: "Bart Schaefer" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

From: "Bart Schaefer" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> The rpmforge project packages the tools as a separate RPM, named,
> surprisingly enough, spamassassin-tools.

And then one distro spamassassin-tools was no longer present.

I'm not sure what you mean.  "yum list spamassassin" shows me:

Installed Packages
spamassassin.i386                        3.1.5-1.el4.rf         installed
Available Packages
spamassassin-tools.i386                  3.1.5-1.el4.rf         rpmforge

Maybe it is in extras now.

If you're talking about RedHat, no, it's not in extras.  They don't
provide it at all, unless as part of the source RPM.  However, as they
also don't provide anything newer than 3.0.6, I've already gone
looking elsewhere, in this case rpmforge.net.

This lack has left me distrustful of distros of late. I've noticed that
they all leave little things out of what they package.

Mostly I suspect they leave out things about which they're concerned
there may be even the slightest possibility of licensing or copyrigh
hassles.

IMAO they are deficient if they do not include the tools in the
standard yum setup:

Available Packages
spamassassin.i386                 3.0.6-1.fc4         legacy-updates

And with the FC5 I am experimenting with I got the same kind of
response but with a later SpamAssassin.

I suspected one could get it elsewhere. But having to go look for
it is annoying.

{^_^}