I've used Horde/IMP for ever but is there a commonly regarded better quality web based IMAP client then?

On Sep 8, 2006, at 5:50 PM, jdow wrote:

    Accepting to folder lists/unix/spamassassin-users

From: "jdow" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: September 8, 2006 5:50:36 PM CDT
Subject: Re: Marking Mail in the future as SPAM?

When using a web client like IMP from Horde it seems the Date header is kept
in the original format and never converted to my local timezone. I figure that
if I converted the Date to my local timezone I would have people leaving
messages in the future that always sit at the top of my Inbox. For instance
it's still the 8th here in CDT but elsewhere it's the 9th and those messages
now sit at the top of the list of messages to be read.
Is there anybody here who chooses to convert Date: to their local timezone and
to store the original date in say X-Original-Date: or something in order to
ensure that you have a last in first seen approach to managing your email?
So youd record Date: in terms of Date Received in your local timezone not just a
local time zone conversion of the original date.

There is an ancient observation that goes something like this, "If
kicking that brick wall hurts your foot, stop kicking the wall." If
IMP has a fault THAT dramatic what other faults lurk below its hood?

There is no way to make the conversion in SpamAssassin. There are
ways within the standard C libraries that IMP could incorporate if
its developers either had the time or the brains to do so. You might
be able to gen up a futility that would allow a tool like procmail
to perform that modification. But it might eat more of your time
than finding a higher quality web mail wazzit.

{o.o}   <- Not known to be charitable about "web mail", so YMMV.