John W Mickevich wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am relatively new to SpamAssassin and I hope I am asking this
> question via the appropriate channel.  If not, please let me know.
> I have been receiving spam email that is not getting caught by
> SpamAssassin and want to add a rule to catch it.  These particular
> spam emails have the same URL which shows up in the body of the email
> many times - I have seen it repeated as many as 12 times.  For
> example:
> <http://www.thelevelgroup.net/9Lc591820lkc972ov63Ij142YOjd16uwEU102KFMp>
> <http://www.thelevelgroup.net/9Lc591820lkc972ov63Ij142YOjd16uwEU102KFMp>
> <http://www.thelevelgroup.net/9Lc591820lkc972ov63Ij142YOjd16uwEU102KFMp>
> For this example, I know I can use a URI rule to check for
> thelevelgroup.net.  But, what if the URL changes?  I want to add a
> rule which will add points if any url shows up in the body of the
> email more than a certain number of times.  I assume I need to set a
> variable then count the occurrences, but I do now know how to do
> this, or if it is even possible.  I am currently using SpamAssassin
> v2.64. Thanks!

Step 1: Upgrade to a newer version of SA (3.1.5 is current)

Step 2: Install Razor2 and URIBL

This is the results of your email on my system:

 pts rule name              description
---- ----------------------
 1.5 RAZOR2_CF_RANGE_E8_51_100 Razor2 gives engine 8 confidence level
                            above 50%
                            [cf: 100]
 0.5 RAZOR2_CHECK           Listed in Razor2 (http://razor.sf.net/)
 0.5 RAZOR2_CF_RANGE_51_100 Razor2 gives confidence level above 50%
                            [cf: 100]
 3.0 URIBL_BLACK            Contains an URL listed in the URIBL blacklist
                            [URIs: thelevelgroup.net]
 3.4 URIBL_JP_SURBL         Contains an URL listed in the JP SURBL blocklist
                            [URIs: thelevelgroup.net]

--
Bowie