David Cary Hart schrieb:
On Wed, 11 Oct 2006 18:16:06 +1300, Jason Haar
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> opined:
I've been waiting for anyone else to bring it up - but no-one has.

If Spamhaus lose this lawsuit (which they are ignoring as they are
UK-based and this is some judge in Chicago), they may very well lose
their ".ORG" domain - which would have a rather large impact on our
Antispam scores for a start...

http://www.ibtimes.com/articles/20061009/anti-spam-lawsuit.htm

"Americans to arms" I say... Start sending "Internet for Dummies"
to the judge for starters ;-)

The judge is actually quite erudite about the Internet. He is simply
following the law. At the end of the day, I seriously doubt that this
will have much impact. About the worst thing that could happen is
Spamhaus.org  -> Spamhaus.uk

Moving to another domain would be bad enough, I'd say. And I guess the spammers won't be content with 'finishing' Spamhaus.

Despite the UN bashing common in some parts of the American continent I maintain that an organisation like the ITU (www.itu.int) would be the right body to administer supra-national domains like .org, .and .net (even .com).

My 2 (Euro-)Cent

Dirk