Version 3.1.3 is available from sarge-backports. This source is stable
enough but do give you some recent version of programs like spamassassin.

Check the backports:

Adjust your /etc/apt/sources.list

# BACKPORTS
deb http://www.backports.org/debian/ sarge-backports main contrib non-free

You could pinpoint it in your /etc/apt/preferences file to only spamc and
spamassassin

/Jeroen