Reginaldo Bray Mendoza wrote:
> Hello everybody.
>
> Today i upgraded spamassassin to last version available (3.1.7). I
> tried to execute:
>
> /etc/init.d/spamassassin status|restart|stop
>
> and i get the following error message:
>
> spamassassin: spamassassin script is v3.001003, but using modules
> v3.001007
>
> However, i run spamassassin --version and get the following message:
>
>   SpamAssassin version 3.1.7
>   running on Perl version 5.8.0
>
> I downloaded the .tar.gz file from spamassassin website and executed
> perl MakeFile.PL --> make --> make install.
>
> Can somebody tell me how can i fix this??

Take a look at /etc/init.d/spamassassin and see where it is finding
the program.

Then do 'which spamassassin' to see which one you are running.

You have two SpamAssassin installs.  You will need to make sure you
are running the correct one.  The best solution is to remove both of
them and reinstall to make sure you only have one installation.

This is usually caused by upgrading via a different method than the
original install (RPM vs CPAN vs source build).  Pick a method and
stick with it.

--
Bowie
  • Script error Reginaldo Bray Mendoza