Matt Kettler wrote:
YOUR network is broken because YOUR network doesn't add Received:
headers before calling SA.. That's not EVERYONE, that's YOU.

Get your tools to add a local Received: header before you call SA, the
auto-detection code will start working.

After all, if you haven't Received: the message yet, how'd it get to SA?
Do your really expect SA to work on a message that doesn't even appear
to have been delivered to your domain yet?

Jo Rhett wrote:
As mentioned in my previous message, I have dozens of messages here
that have as many as 12 received headers.

Yes, but none are LOCAL.

RIGHT.  So why are they Trusted?

So perhaps I didn't get the Received header that will be added by this
host.

Yeah, so how did it get to SA? That's the problem. How can SA be
scanning it, if it hasn't reached this host yet?

Does this matter? SA *IS* scanning it, and for unknown reasons assigning the random remote host as trusted. That is *BROKEN*.

  What kind of logic says that it should trust a remote IP from a very
random source that isn't authenticated by a local header?
Because it's equally absurd to assume that the most recent header isn't
local.

I'm sorry, but phrases like "what are you babbling about" keep floating to the top of my mind when I read your response. (sorry, need more coffee) Your logic appears to be backwards -- if the results are confusing, assume trusted?

Slow down and explain to me exactly why the most recent header having a remote address in it should be trusted?

Seriously, I can't figure out what you think should be happening. None of these sites are local. None of them are even in the same /8 network. Why does autodetection decide that they are trusted?

--
Jo Rhett
Network/Software Engineer