Jo Rhett wrote:
Oh. I get it. We're trusting headers to be more accurate than getifaddrs() ? Am I supposed to agree that this makes sense? Seriously...

Daryl C. W. O'Shea wrote:
Yeah, seriously. Especially when your cluster of 50+ SA machines don't share the same interface as the other cluster of front-end MXes. Although I'd love to see that in action.

I don't see how that matters. Clue me in. If you know that you trust a remote network, then you would explicitly configure it. Auto detection can't guess things like that. But auto detection should be able to determine if something is on your local network or not.

Either that, or the documentation is completely wrong about what it tries to do.

Remember, not everyone uses the same apparently broken-ass milter that you're using.

Nice insult for something that nobody has documented. It basically means that anything written not by you and yours is "broken-ass" by default because the vast majority of SA remains insufficiently documented to actually build interfaces to.

--
Jo Rhett
Network/Software Engineer