John Andersen wrote:
On Wednesday 18 October 2006 00:50, nick wrote:

So that's what my firewall has been killing.

I kept noticing timeout sessions with my mailserver (in the firewall
log), and wondered why that was happening.

You should see anvil messages in mail log, but from the man page
it is not at all clear that the firewall would be involved. It seems to handle this at the smtp server.

Sorry, I was being a bit vague, I've got a stateful firewall between my mailserver and the external world, and I kept seeing that there were session timeouts "no_connection_for_this_packet" from a lot of different places.

There's absolutely no problems with my connection or my mailserver load, and it was something that was leaving me a bit confused.

I don't use anvil, at least not at the moment.

A sort of moment of clarity.

Nick