> "Oct 20 18:45:11 localhost spamd[30610]: pyzor: check
> failed: internal error"
        0HQGk/Pua1MktqtPoVRisYWsQf1qEnEcMfYR2xtv9q/Lh5xvOF1NYA= =y/nJ

In Pyzor.pm, "internal error" is actually a mask for the infamous error:

"Traceback (most recent call last): ..."

It happens from time to time, on my system too. There is, near as I can
tell, no solution yet (if there were, SA wouldn't have masked the error,
but just have fixed it; or maybe it's an inherent python issue?). And I
have the latest Python.

You can, however, turn on debug (pyzor facility), to see what pyzor's real
response was. Maybe that will help.

And, as per wiki.apache.org/spamassassin/, you can define PYTHONPATH to
point at ($HOME/lib/python). I cannot say that solved it for me, though.
On average, every 1 out of 8 calls to Pyzor fails that way for me. I've
learnt to live with it, pending the arrival of a permanent fix.

- Mark