spamassassin -D --lint is giving me an error:
[2533] warn: config: failed to parse line, skipping: dcc_timeout 18

BTW, as Matt says, your DNS may be slow. If DCC doesn't respond within 10 seconds, I would imagine it's unlikely it will respond - so I wouldn't waste time waiting around another 8 seconds. Many people find a local caching DNS server really helps on net tests.

Gary V

Stay in touch with old friends and meet new ones with Windows Live Spaces http://clk.atdmt.com/MSN/go/msnnkwsp0070000001msn/direct/01/?href=http://spaces.live.com/spacesapi.aspx?wx_action=create&wx_url=/friends.aspx&mkt=en-us