On 10/29/06, Leander Koornneef <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

In my experience, using the default sa-update channel, the openprotect
channel, auto-whitelisting, proper bayes training(!), pyzor, razor,
dcc, SPF
and DNS blacklists wil get you a spam detection rate >99%.

I'm doing all that, now, I think. The auto-whitelisting seems to be
happening on it's own (it does say 'auto' after all, lol), as I see
the auto-whitelist file in amavis' .spamassassin directory growing.
Likewise, I see the bayes_* files growing, as well. At some point,
when it has seen enough stuff, it will just kick in on it's own, yes?
I have a feeling that that will not be for quite some time though, as
virtually all the spam never makes it onto my system, thanks to the
postfix rules I have in place. Amavis/Clamav/Spamassassin have an easy
job here. ;) I will have to train it on spam that it misses though. I
think I saw a way to have the amavis account pull down and train on
the contents of my 'missed_spam' imap folder, via fetchmail ...

Also, I generally use X-Spam-Level = 3 as the cutoff value in my
email client
to filter spam out of my Inbox. I rarely have any false positives.

I currently have mine set at 5, but I might go lower after I see how
it works for a while.
--
       -ste