Hello, I'm novice in Linux and I wish to add SpamAssassin to my current
Fedora 3 server, I'm currently using my ISP mail accounts and I have
tested with SAproxy in Windows and it works fine.

However when I installed the bundled SpamAssassin (3.0.4), I couldn't
find any settings to key in my ISP email server address it should
connect to (just like in SAproxy)

Now here comes the questions:
1. Does SpamAssassin work just like SAproxy in Fedora 3? Does it work as
standalone mail proxy or have to work with mail servers+procmail together?

2. I tried to upgrade my SA to 3.1.x, I have read the "upgrade notes"
but it doesn't contain instructions for how to upgrade... I googled and
found someone using "apt-get" command but seems I need a special package
to do that... What do I need?

3. I tried to build the rpm file from the tarball although Linux said I
do not have the "rpmbuild" command file... Where could I find them?

I have read through the FAQ but couldn't find any answers to my questions...
Thanks for helping.