On Thu, 02 Nov 2006 22:53:38 +0530, Dhawal Doshy
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>Nigel Frankcom wrote:
>> On Thu, 2 Nov 2006 12:03:14 -0500, "Debbie D"
>> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>
>>> Last week I made some changes to my rules and I performed
>>> -- lint
>>> which showed no errors..
>>>
>>> Yesterday AM there was a HUGE influx of spam and I SSH'd in when I saw the
>>> loads jumping up.
>>>
>>> The first thing I did after verifying I had loads up over 30% was shut down
>>> exim, which normally brings the loads down very quickly.. yesterday it did
>>> not.. I had to do a reboot to accomplish the task..
>>>
>>> when I went and looked at the maillog files when things calmed down I saw
>>> the following errors when exim (and consequently spamd, clamd, SA,
>>> blahblah)
>>> started back up. If -- lint showed no errors.. whats up with this???
>[SNIP]
>> Not sure if this is related, but I have these appearing under
>> --lint -D...
>>
>> [6209] info: rules: meta test DIGEST_MULTIPLE has undefined dependency
>> 'PYZOR_CHECK'
>> [6209] info: rules: meta test FP_MIXED_PORN3 has undefined dependency
>> 'FP_PENETRATION'
>>
>> They're not causing any issues (so far), but only seem to have
>> appeared since my upgrade to 3.1.7
>>
>> There's been some discussion about scores with 0 rating popping
>> similar so I wonder if that's related.
>>
>> Not much help I know, but apparently not so rare either.
>
>Not errors, informational warnings and quite clear. This ought to be
>seen in SA 3.1.6+, previous versions would simply ignore these.
>
>f.i.: DIGEST_MULTIPLE is probably a meta_rule dependent on probably
>razor, pyzor and DCC. The rule check doesn't fail but simply throws an
>informational warning.
>
>IIRC, it's mentioned in the changelog somewhere.
>
>- dhawla

I'm aware these are info not errors, what I find confusing is that I
have Pyzor installed and (apparently) working fine. Admittedly I
haven't read the 3.1.7 changelog yet (3.1.6 never made it off the test
machine). Though with a little spare time and a couple of beers I'll
sit down and read it now.

KR

Nigel