>>> Hello,
>>> Why BAYES_99 have only the score 3.5 while 5.0 is required to
identify a >>>mail
>>> as spam? I think this rule should have a score about 5.1 (or
anything >>>greater
>>> than 5.0).
>>> Because it's baye_99 not bayes_100.
>>> ie: it's not 100% accurate.

>         FWIW, I increased my bayes 95 and 99 rules to the same as the
>         2.x releases.  It has worked great at the stock spams (many of
>         which are caught on bayes 99 alone).  The 'wrote:' and the
>         newer 'It's <name> :)' are being easily caught with bayes 99
>        as well :)

>         I guess YMMV of course, but it's worked well here w/o the need
>         to come up with custom rules every time some new spammer trick
>         rolls around.

Ok, I have a question on these Bayes rules related to false positives.
It appears that many of my users are having legitimate emails scored in
the 8 to 9 range.   These emails are scoring high basically because they
are hitting on one of the various Bayes rule (most notably the
Bayes_50_Body and the Bayes_95_Body rules).  Is there something
straightforward that can be done to stop these legitimate scores from
scoring high on the Bayes rules?

I have already decreased the Bayes_50_Body rule from 5.0 to 2.5.  I
don't want to decrease the scores with every Bayes rule because I think
I will start seeing some true spam delivered because it did not score
high.

Any ideas?

Steve Ingraham