Matt Kettler wrote:

>> Do you see additional options?
> Use a SQL server backend. If you must have a no-failure option for the
> bayes DB, use a  cluster of SQL servers.
> [..]
>
> Also see the SQL readme:
>
> http://wiki.apache.org/spamassassin/BetterDocumentation/SqlReadmeBayes

I already took a look at using SQL, but this quote:

| NB:  This should be considered BETA, and the interface, schema, or
| overall operation of SQL support may change at any time with future
| releases of SA.

stops me from using it. Unfortunately, I can not run software officially
considered Beta on this system.

> Use a SQL server backend. If you must have a no-failure option for the
> bayes DB, use a  cluster of SQL servers.
>
> Example with mysql:
>
> http://www.howtoforge.com/loadbalanced_mysql_cluster_debian

I suppose that every message passed through SpamAssassin will issue at
least on query and one update statement to the DB. How does a MySQL
cluster perform with 500'000 messages per day, considering that
replication must also take place?

>> What is the "best practice" in that
>> regard with Spamassassin?
>
> Using SQL is by far the best practice here.

I do not see many mentions of the SQL approach - either because it is
not used much or because it works so well?

Thanks,
-- Matthias