I have found very little helpful information about running SA in Plesk. I'm
trying to learn all that I can, but it seems info is pretty sparse. I apologize
for the length and depth of my message.

  1. I have tried putting some "canned" .cf files into /etc/mail/spamassassin/
and have discovered that I have limitations on the size of these file(s) that
SA will work with. I have 512 M memory and it seems large .cf files filled with
"rules" and "blacklist_from" will prevent SA from even starting until I reduce
the file size by deleting entries. I can't imagine this is normal. What is it
that I need to be aware of? I don't believe all this information needs to be
inside the local.cf file. Just that it needs an extension of .cf Am I S-O-L
because of file size?

  2. If I reduce the file size of the .cf's just enough until SA will start,
frequentially SA will stop by itself and need to be restarted. I'm testing some
possibilities now, however intermittent issues are time consuming to verify.
Any thoughts?

  3. I have 5 domains on my server, each with 5-10 email accounts. I know that
each of these accounts has a /.spamassassin/ and in it the bayes_ and
user_prefs. My question is, if I have the "rules" and "blacklist_from" .cf's in
/etc/mail/spamassassin/, do I also need to have these files in each users
/.spamassassin/ ? I have local.cf allow_user_rules 1 (I am the owner of all
these email accounts). I am not sure I need to put these files in each users
directory, but I do not believe I need to.

  4. In Plesk I have an option for each user to "Use Server Wide Settings".
Just exactly what and where are the "Server Wide Settings"? Does this mean
"Server Wide Settings" means to use the local.cf file instead of the user_prefs
? or what? I've tested with this option enabled and also without and see a
noticeable change in the action SA takes on emails. I don't know where SA is
working from when that option is enabled. If I want to make changes,add rules,
etc.  where would that be? I have changed settings in local.cf to test it
hoping it has something to do with it, however with "Server Wide Settings"
enabled I see no changes in the action of SA on users emails related to my
changes in local.cf.

  5. How to add "Administrators Blacklist" and "Users Blacklist" without
entering each email addr individually one at a time. So, if I have a text file
with email addresses listed one per line how can I "load" this list into
"Administrators Blacklist" or "Administrators Whitelist".

  Thanks for the help.

  Wes

Check out the all-new Yahoo! Mail beta - Fire up a more powerful email and get
things done faster.