Am 17.11.2006 um 17:32 schrieb Nigel Frankcom:

If the company is still trading in a month I'd be surprised. I
wouldn't be at all surprised if it's just a shell anyway.

Create the company, run out the spam, then shut it all down before the
SEC/Local Securities equivalent start the investigation.

From the number of different companies we see in these spam it's
highly unlikely the SEC et al have the time or manpower to go after
penny ante (s'cuse the pun) stuff like this. Their concerns are angled
more towards the bigger, established players in the market.

A few thousand dollars in penny stocks is a tiny drop in the ocean -
which is probably why it's being pushed so hard.

IIRC someone posted a report address for the sec yesterday, a
concerted effort on that front might generate far more reaction that
talking to some sysadmin in China etc.

If anyone's dumb enough to go along with these schemes then they deserve all that they get. But hammering the world's legitimate mail servers with junk (I know we've got more than enough fibre for probably it all) isn't on. Surely ISP's need to think of more effective ways of dealing with bots on their networks. Oh, but that would mean someone agreeing to spend time and money on effective sys admin. Forget I ever mentioned it!

Charlie
--
Charlie Clark
Helmholtzstr. 20