Leon Kolchinsky wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> I've upgraded to:
> amavisd-new-2.4.4-4
> spamassassin-3.1.7-3
> from:
> amavisd-new-20030616p9-3.6
> spamassassin-2.64-3.7
>
> These are optional scores in my local.cf:
>
> ## Optional Score
> score ROUND_THE_WORLD 0
> score SUBJ_ILLEGAL_CHARS 0
> score HEAD_ILLEGAL_CHARS 0
> score FORGED_HOTMAIL_RCVD2 0
> score FORGED_YAHOO_RCVD 0
> score SUBJ_ALL_CAPS 0
> score MISSING_SUBJECT 0
> score DNS_FROM_RFC_POST 0
> score DNS_FROM_RFC_ABUSE 0
>
> The problem is that it seems that I still get scorings for the above rules :(
3 quick guesses about the problem:

1) make sure you restarted amavisd-new after making the edits to local.cf.

2) run spamassassin --lint. This should run and exit quietly. Any
messages it prints are errors in your config file. SEVERAL things about
the syntax have changed from 2.6x to 3.1.x. See the UPGRADE file for
more details on some of the config changes. UPGRADE is in the tarball,
or can be found here:

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/spamassassin/branches/3.1/UPGRADE

3) run spamassassin --lint -D. See what SA thinks the "site rules dir"
is.. if that's not where your local.cf is, that's your problem.