On Dec 4, 2006, at 1:03 PM, Daryl C. W. O'Shea wrote:
That's not what it "just says". The info before it talks about how SpamAssassin will attempt to detect RFC 3848 style auth tokens (it'll also detect Sendmail and a few other styles of auth tokens) and how Postfix is a pain in the ass about this (but finally, optionally, provides the info in Postfix 2.3).

Frankly, the text here kindof rambles and so I'm not certain that it makes direct linear sense to me. In particular this following quote says that I missed something:

Sendmail should be putting a "(authenticated bits=0)" line in its Received header when the user authenticates. SA will automatically use this to extend the trust path if the header above it is trusted.

Automatically how? Before I added the LOCAL_AUTH_RCVD SA was doing nothing about that header. Today, I can use the LOCAL_AUTH_RECEIVED score to decrement the score a bit, but it doesn't extend the trust path at all.

--
Jo Rhett