On Mon, 11 Dec 2006, Duncan, Brian M. wrote:

> From: Marc Perkel [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> >
> > We can talk about other things but I'll stop here to focus on
> > the bot army.
>
> I think you are preaching to the wrong crowd.
>
> If you want to help lower your Spam from botnets look into the
> botnet plugin.

Please distinguish between filtering spam (a solution that keeps spam
out of your mailbox) and changing the protocols and/or ISP behavior to
make spamming more difficult (a solution which keeps spam off the wire
in the first place).

Solving the first problem makes life better for you. Solving the
second makes life better for us all. Looking at the statistics stating
that "80% of all email is spam" (or whatever the figure du jour is)
and saying that none of it reaches *my* mailbox is certainly
gratifying to the ego (I know it is for me), but it does very little
to reduce the tide of garbage that is inundating the Internet more
deeply by the day.

 [EMAIL PROTECTED]    FALaholic #11174     pgpk -a [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  The fetters imposed on liberty at home have ever been forged out
  of the weapons provided for defense against real, pretended, or
  imaginary dangers from abroad.               -- James Madison, 1799
 4 days until Bill of Rights day