On Fri, Feb 09, 2007 at 12:26:31PM +1300, Philip Seccombe wrote:
> I ran perl -MCPAN -e 'install Bundle:CPAN' and went through all the
> updates using defaults
>
> Now it says:
>
> nibbler:~# perl -MCPAN -e 'install File::IO'

Don't forget that should be IO::File.

> CPAN: File::HomeDir loaded ok
> Sorry, we have to rerun the configuration dialog for CPAN.pm due to
> the following indispensable but missing parameters:
>
> mbuild_arg, mbuild_install_arg, mbuild_install_build_command,
> mbuildpl_arg
>

> The next questions deal with Module::Build support.
>
> A Build.PL is run by perl in a separate process. Likewise we run
> './Build' and './Build install' in separate processes. If you have any
> parameters you want to pass to the calls, please specify them here.
>
> Parameters for the 'perl Build.PL' command?
> Typical frequently used settings:
>
>     --install_base /home/xxx             # different installation
> directory
>
> Your choice:  []
>

> Oops :s

Okay, you're just running the setup for CPAN.  Take most of the
defaults, but I recommend you specify UNINST=1 for the install option,
as suggested, and then select the CPAN server(s) you want.

Then it will proceed with the install of IO::File.

> Kind Regards,
> Philip Seccombe
> Turnstone Technologies NZ Limited
>
> Phone: +64 9 970 5550
> Fax: +64 9 970 5559
> DDI: +64 9 970 5552
> Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Web: www.turnstone.co.nz
>
> <major snippage>

Cheers,
[EMAIL PROTECTED]             http://www.bobcatos.com
"Ah, Sovereign LORD, you have made the heavens and the earth by your
great power and outstretched arm. Nothing is too hard for you."
Jeremiah 32:17 (NIV)