Michael Connors wrote:
Hi,
I have been getting a lot of spam messages as indicated in the content preview below.

"""
Content preview:  ENERGY COMPANY ALERT!! Search for: UTEVCurrent price:
  $0.016 Market: bullish!!! TRADE SMART AND WIN WITH US NOW!! [...]

 pts rule name              description
 0.1 RCVD_BY_IP             Received by mail server with no name
 1.7 SARE_MLB_Stock1        BODY: SARE_MLB_Stock1
 1.7 SARE_PROLOSTOCK_SYM3   BODY: Last week's hot stock scam
 0.1 HTML_50_60             BODY: Message is 50% to 60% HTML
 0.1 HTML_FONT_BIG          BODY: HTML tag for a big font size
 3.5 BAYES_99               BODY: Bayesian spam probability is 99 to 100%
                            [score: 1.0000]

The original message was not completely plain text, and may be unsafe to
open with some email clients; in particular, it may contain a virus,
or confirm that your address can receive spam.  If you wish to view
it, it may be safer to save it to a file and open it with an editor.
"""

This sort of spam still ends up in my inbox.

Is the [score: 1.0000] the total spam score for this email?
I find it strange that it these get through as they are the first non-image spams to get through more than a couple of times.

Are there other rules that this spam should be hitting?
--
Michael Connors
Is this always happening with spam messages, or do some go to a drop-box of some sort? What all do you run along with SA to get the message discarded? I use mimedefang, and am having the same sort of problem, but it is only a few messages that get through.