Matthew Wilson wrote:
> - Full, tested, supportable multithreaded support
> - Full, tested, supportable support for an asynchronous I/O model
>   (a la qpsmtpd-async)

I think effort could be better spent elsewhere.

Spam checking lands itself ideally to running parallel individual
processes, with little if any interaction between them.
For an individual user a reduction in processing latency from
three to one seconds doesn't mean a thing. For an entire mail
filtering system all that matters is its througput (messages per
hour). Multithreading brings no performance benefits in this area.

  Mark