maillist wrote:
I believe that sendmail doesn't have the headers assembled at that point. So, if you do what you mentioned above, then you will not get the correct score.

Sort of. The df file contains the message body, and the qf file contains the headers... but they're not in the normal message format. Each header is prefixed with an H and some possibly-blank status info surrounded by two question marks:

H??From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
H?x?Full-Name: Somebody or Other

The qf file also includes other envelope and queue data, such as how many times Sendmail has tried to deliver the message, and what responses it's received.

It should be possible to extract the headers from the queue file, but simply concatenating the files wouldn't do it.

Off the top of my head, maybe something like this?

grep '^H' | cut -f3- -d'?'

Untested, YMMV.

--
Kelson Vibber