Hello,

I have recently installed spamassassin on my new ubuntu distribution from the apt package. I seem to be having issues where emails that are obviously spam are not being marked.

Is in the headers of the email but the content of the email has URLs which are in the blacklists, If I forward these emails to my ISP account which has its own spam solution they get marked.

Here is the body of the email

=====SNIP=======

Hello, share

>> Don't have time for a full time relationship?
Many young career minded people don't but still want a physical
relationship,
many of these need sexual encounters but without the frustrating
attachment of a boyfriend or girlfriend.
This means they have time to concentrate on their profession/career and
not worry about
what is going on at home, as essentially they are single.
This is commonly becoming known as a
[geocities URL HERE]
skittle chesapeake boycott ripple grandchildren anglicanism flora
yaounde lawson, offshore inhere.
ampere terse hoofmark computation nero evildoer cause downcast, wolfish
squirehood
bucharest creamy marin, goa strand bulrush january.
fable ultimatum rate, cerise bluebonnet steiner travesty.

Your Tad.

=====SNIP=======

I have removed the geocities URL so that it wont potentially be marked by users of this lists spam protection.

By spamassassin configuration is fairly basic and it looks like this

=====SNIP=======
cat /etc/spamassassin/local.cf

lock_method flock
required_score 5.0
trusted_networks 127.0.0.1
# clear_headers
# add_header all Flag _YESNOCAPS_
# add_header all Status _YESNO_, score=_SCORE_ required=_REQD_
add_header spam Flag _YESNOCAPS_
add_header all Status _YESNO_, score=_SCORE_ required=_REQD_ tests=_TESTS_ autolearn=_AUTOLEARN_ version=_VERSION_
add_header all Level _STARS(*)_
add_header all Checker-Version SpamAssassin _VERSION_ (_SUBVERSION_) on _HOSTNAME_

rewrite_header Subject **SPAM**

skip_rbl_checks 0
report_safe 1
whitelist_from [EMAIL PROTECTED]
whitelist_from [EMAIL PROTECTED]
whitelist_from [EMAIL PROTECTED] users@spamassassin.apache.org [EMAIL PROTECTED] [EMAIL PROTECTED]
bayes_min_ham_num 50
bayes_min_spam_num 50
bayes_use_hapaxes 1
use_bayes 1
use_auto_whitelist 0
bayes_auto_learn_threshold_spam 1.0
use_razor2 1
use_pyzor 1
ok_locales en

=====SNIP=======

I had previously being using the rules from saupdates.openprotect.com but I have stopped using that service while I try and diagnose this problem. With or without the rules I have exactly the same issues.

One line I am constantly seeing in the mail.log file is the following

Mar 28 09:09:34 poopey spamd[21715]: config: copying current conf from backup

does that have any reference on the problem?

I also see the following

Mar 28 09:10:23 poopey spamd[21716]: bayes: not available for scanning, only 5 spam(s) in bayes DB < 50

I find that a little strange as I have done an sa-learn for both ham and spam emails on folders which I have moved all the spam messages to.

Any advice on resolving or how to diagnose these problems would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Jimmy.